Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nice One, Protesters

A couple of weeks ago, I was on my way somewhere Downtown Vancouver, cutting through the lot of the Vancouver Art Gallery. There was this big protest going on, as there often is. Now, I don't want to say what the protest was about because I basically sympathize with the point they were making. I'm not here to talk about that though, I'm here to call them a bunch of fuckin' idiots. I happened to notice this THIS goddam thing next to the beautiful water feature in front of the Gallery:








Should the picture be not distinct enough or there be another problem with seeing my point, the pictured machine is a diesel electric power generator, and it's sooty black exhaust is pointed right at the brickwork on the water feature.



Do you imagine that cleans up well? Well, here's the same spot on the water feature two weeks later:




















No, it doesn't clean up well at all on a porous surface like brick, as anyone in my line of work, or several other lines of work could have told you. So, now a beautiful water feature in mostly glass-and-concrete downtown in my city is marred by diesel exhaust because you dummies didn't bother to responsibly use the equipment you were using even to the extent of looking at it to see what it was fuckin' doing! That's why people like me have so little patience with you hippy-dippy wingnuts, it's not because we necessarily disagree, it's because you don't have the bloody sense to ask when you don't know something practical.

Nice one.

I might not even hide this on my blog, I might even fire this in to the fuckin' paper. Idiots.

No comments: